a blog about projects

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Teaching Day 9

So I've finally think that I am getting some kind of hang of teaching at my middle school. 
I'm hanging off of something. 
On Monday I'll be starting my work sample: 
Words into Cartoons. I wanna see if students can turn words into illustrations and if it will help with literacy skills. 
<<I'm not sure why it won't rotate...>>


This is an inspirational quote. 
My teacher sample that says 
"It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot. 


They have to choose a quote and then illustrate it into cartoon form! I'll be hanging it up outside for students to read. 


Words are very powerful but pictures are worth a thousand words! 


Ceramics is working on coil mugs, but this was their previous project 


MONSTER RATTLES! 


My idea. inspired by something I did in elementary school. 
But the idea was to make a rattle with monster attributes and create a story around it. 
<<< he's Fubake... like furobake. owl demon in japanese. He steals stuffed animals late at night, but if you shake this rattle 3 times before you go to sleep he will stay away! :)




***Just gotta keep on keepin on!*** I've got more lessons that I planned out today and more to come later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment