a blog about projects

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Teaching day ???

I haven't been updating in a while. 
Well. It's been a while since we started a new project. Plus spring break. 
I hope everyone had a nice relaxing spring break :)


Drawing class' current project is inspired by Ben Heines Camera Vs. Pencil photographs. 
Instead of using a camera, students used oil pastels. 
1. They first took a photograph and transfered it by using a grid technique. 
2. Then use oil pastels to color their sketch. 
3. After that's finished take a piece of white paper and alter the image. 


My image was of a park near my aunty's house in Mukilteo. There was an old dude showing off his cool kite windmills. So I altered the walkway with a panda that dug all the way from China!

3 comments:

  1. that's a pretty awesome panda if he dug all the way from China!!! hope he brought some bamboo with him lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ya! the grid technique!
    I haven't done something using that since... 5th grade. xD
    except back then, my teacher didn't explain it very well.. so i only makes more sense now. haha

    ReplyDelete