a blog about projects

Monday, March 14, 2011

Teaching Day 7

Contrast
Despite my much less than perfect delivery of today's lesson in 6 period painting, I managed to pull through in 7th period. 
So to go along with my contrasting painting lesson I also had a contrast today. Really junk and good. :)This is my first lesson on my own (planning and everything) for painting class. 

Contrast is the theme and I'm focusing on observational painting with watercolor pencils. 
1. Students chose a fruit or vegetable to draw. 
2. They paint the underlying colors first with watercolor. let dry. and then go over it with watercolor pencils to give it detail. 
3. Students chose another fruit of vegetable with a contrasting texture: in this instance. Rough pineapple and smooth grapes. 
4, Doing the same procedure on a separate piece of paper they then needed to use the original fruit's complementary or contrasting color and the new fruits texture characteristics to make design for the background. 
5. Add finishing touches and paste the whole fruit onto the background! 

No comments:

Post a Comment