a blog about projects

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Teaching Day 5

Observations


Today I had my observation for student teaching. 
It was a work day for the students because of the snow day last week the schedule got mixed up, but it went well. I think it's important for my supervisor to see what we (as art teachers) do on a regular basis. We don't overload the students EVERYDAY with TECHNIQUES! 


Student teacher class:


Then we had class this evening for our student teacher cohort. :) It was a good and productive class. 
I've been having trouble because my students aren't actively participating in class. They are being butts and don't want to answer when I ask them questions. 


My classmates had lots of good advice to give me:


1. wait for them. ask for 3 things and don't move ahead until they answer. 
2. Tell them to get together in groups and discuss.
3. Think Pair Share
4. Tell the students that you are going to call on them and then follow through with it. 


I'm excited to be able to use it in class tomorrow. :) 
Tomorrow is my monster group. well they aren't really monsters... they just need some guidance.  


We'll see how they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment